Bulk Leaf Collection Begins Monday
The town's collection will run through the last week of December.
The Town of Leesburg’s Public Works Department will begin its annual fall leaf collection on Monday, Oct. 22. Crews will collect non-bagged leaves placed at the curb in all quadrants of the town through Dec. 31.
Residents are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Rake leaves no more than four feet from the edge of the curb by Sunday evening of each collection week.
- On streets without curb and gutter, place leaves as close as possible to the front property line, closest to the street.
- Do not park vehicles or place equipment or toys in or around the leaves.
- Do not rake leaves in front of storm drain inlets.
- Do not rake leaves in front of or around fire hydrants or utility boxes.
- Do not mix grass clippings, yard waste or other brush items with the leaves.
Leaves will be collected at least once a week. Pickup days will vary. After the final pickup week, all leaves must be set out in covered trash cans with handles or biodegradable paper yard waste bags for pickup on normal recycling collection days.
For more information, visit the town's website.