Dopilka Announces Campaign Kickoff for Town Council
Following the special election back in April, Dopilka has announced his candidacy for the Nov. 6 election.
Coming off a very successful challenge in the April 17 special election, Dwight Dopilka announced Tuesday that he has filed and met the requirements to run for election to the Leesburg Town Council in the November 6 elections. He will hold a campaign kick-off event at the Rust Library on June 30 beginning at 10:30 a.m.
During the special election, Dopilka mounted a very successful campaign against former Loudoun Board of Supervisors and now Town Council Member Kelly Burk coming within 148 votes of victory.
He currently serves as the Loudoun Board of Supervisors Liaison to the Leesburg Executive Airport Commission and is active in the community’s current issues.
In his first term, Dopilka said he wants to “move Leesburg forward” while pursing the following platform agenda:
- Expand economic opportunities and job creation
- Reduce residential and business tax rates
- Cut unnecessary regulations and spending while increasing government efficiency
- Preserve the historical nature of the downtown King Street area and the Courthouse Development Project
- Resolve proposed form based code development regulations
- Review current water and sewer rates and support better Utility management
- Support and promote the development of the Leesburg Executive Airport
Dopilka is a systems integrator, project coordination and section manager. He received his B.S. in Engineering Technology from University of Central Florida and A.A.S. from Delaware Technical & Community College in Electronics.
His family has been attending Cornerstone Chapel in Leesburg for ten years and is active in several ministry and outreach activities. To volunteer or contribute to the campaign, visit www.VoteDwight.org or call 703-771-3981.