Five Things Happening in Leesburg
Participate in free vein screenings, enjoy a family and pet celebration, visit a car show, take part in a 5K or pair cheese and wine this weekend.
1. Free vein screenings will take place throughout the day at Mountcastle Plastic Surgery & Vein Institute, located at 224 Cornwall St NW #D, in Leesburg, on Thursday, Sept. 27. Call 703-858-3208 for more information.
2. Enjoy a family and pet friendly celebration to help raise funds for Friends of Homeless Animals (Loudoun's largest no-kill shelter) at the Loudoun County Fairgrounds. The "Fest" runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 29 There will be live music, food, drink, games for kids and dogs, vendors for shopping, dog demonstrations, raffles/silent auction and more. A $5 donation per adult would be appreciated.
3. Stop by the Lucketts Community Center for its annual car show this Saturday, Sept. 29 beginning at 10 a.m. There will be a large variety of classic cars, food and music. Donations will benefit the Douglass High School scholarship fund.
4. It's not too late to sign up for the Cherry Blossom Breast Cancer Foundation Walk & 5K, which is scheduled to take place at Morven Park this Sunday, Oct. 30 beginning at 11:30 a.m. The cost to participate is $25 and the walk/run will begin at 1 p.m.
5. A wine and cheese pairing will take place at Willowcroft Farm Vineyards on Sunday, Oct. 30 beginning at noon. Tickets are $12 per person. Please call 703-777-8161 for reservations.