Five Things Happening in Leesburg
A list of events taking place this week.
1. Leesburg's Girl's Night Out will take place in the historic downtown this Thursday, June 21 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Enjoy a summer evening of shopping and dining with your friends. There will be a number of deals and many businesses will stay open late.
2. A live Jazz performance will take place at Velocity 5 on Thursday, June 21. Rob Maletick & Friends will entertain. The event is free.
3. Participate in the 2012 Katherine Marshall Tea Series, hosted by The George C. Marshall International Center at Dodona Manor, on Friday, June 22. The event will take place at 2 p.m. at the restored home and gardens of General George C. Marshall and his wife Katherine. Traditional English tea will be served and Pat Black will discuss “Leesburg Remembers Marshall." The cost to attend the event is $25 per person. RSVP required.
4. Check out "Off the Cuff" on Friday, June 22, which features local comedians Steve Heaton, David Sly, and CeCi Stephens. OTC presents an evening of high- octane improv comedy and original sketches. This show is geared towards an older audience, and is rated PG-13. The show will begin at 8 p.m. and is $10 per person.
5. Take part in a re-creation of the 17th Mississippi Regiment’s 1862 encampment at Morven Park on Saturday, June 23. Join soldiers at the reproduction Civil War huts to experience camp life and watch drill and firing demonstrations in front of the Davis Mansion. The event is from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.