Leesburg First Friday and More
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are a few things taking place.
1. Leesburg First Friday will take place on Friday, Nov. 2 beginning at 6 p.m. Stroll around the historic downtown and enjoy numerous live music performances, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, charity events and more. Over 45 specialty shops, art galleries, antique shops and restaurants are open until 9 p.m. or later, many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
2. The Rust Library will host its annual Teen Battle of the Bands this Saturday, Nov. 3 beginning at 7 p.m. Band members must be 12 to 18 years old. They will have 10 minutes to perform. Judges and the audience will select one winner.
3. The Pumpkin Olympics will take place at the Leesburg Animal Park this Saturday, Nov. 3 beginning at 9 a.m. Visit Pumpkinville for their finale weekend, which will include pumpkin bowling, paintball, putt-putt and more. Bring your pumpkins from home to smash in the drop zone and get $3 off admission.
4. Put on your dancing shoes and make your way to Dance King Studios this Saturday, Nov. 4. Relive the best parts of the 50s, 60s, 70s & 80s with an incredible mix of your favorite music during Swingin' Saturdays.
5. Enjoy a historical hayride at Morven Park this Sunday, Nov. 4 to experience the expansive and historic property. Along the way, visitors will ride past the impressive portico of the Gov. Davis mansion, parts of which date back to 1780, an advanced-level equestrian cross-country course, and the historic farming structures that create a backdrop to demonstration gardens currently under development. Enjoy refreshments and learn about Morven Park’s most famous resident, Virginia Gov. Westmoreland Davis.