Preview: Leesburg Town Council Public Hearing
The council will discuss the Route 15 Widening Phase II project and Crescent District, among other things.
The Leesburg Town Council will meet for a public hearing this Tuesday where they will discuss and vote on a resolution regarding permanent and temporary easements for the Route 15 (South King Street) Widening Phase II project.
According to town staff, the easements are necessary to construct phase II. The project, which is a fully funded capital project for the widening of the roadway to a four lane divided street, along with a multi-use trail along the west side of the road, is currently underway.
Advertisement for construction of the project is planned for the end of 2013 with construction starting in the spring of 2014.
Other items appearing on the consent agenda include:
- an award of contract for repairs on Airport Hangar D, as well as a supplemental appropriation from settlement proceeds at the Leesburg Executive Airport;
- a resolution amending the FY 2013 General Fund Budget and making a supplemental appropriation in the amount of $21,251 resulting from the receipt of insurance payments from the Virginia Municipal League (VML) for repair to town vehicles;
- lease renewal for the Leesburg Hangar Condominium Association, Inc.
The public will have the opportunity to address the town council on the following public hearing items:
- acquisition of easements for Edwards Ferry Road Turn Lane Improvements Project;
- The establishment of the Crescent Design Zoning District, along with amendments to the the Town Plan and Crescent District Master Plan.
The public is welcome to attend Tuesday night's meeting, which will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall. It can also be seen live on Leesburg's Government Access Channel, Comcast Channel 67 and Verizon Channel 35, or by webcast.