UPDATE: A new link for the nomination form has been added below.
Do you know a local business that deserves recognition? The Town of Leesburg is looking for nominations for the 12th Annual Business Awards. The nomination deadline is Friday, March 29.
"We are asking people to look at businesses that stand out and have given back to the community," said Doug Parsons, Business Development Manager for the Town of Leesburg.
Nominations may be submitted via this document: http://www.leesburgva.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=11100.
The award categories are:
- Ambassador Award Celebrates a business or organization that promotes a positive image of Leesburg as a business location or tourist destination.
- Community Steward Award Celebrates a business or organization that actively contributes its time, talent and resources to community improvement efforts.
- Environmental Award Celebrates a business or organization that leads or participates in activities that benefit the environment through its business practices and policies.
- Heritage Award Celebrates a thriving business or organization that has made a long-term commitment to preserving the integrity and character of Leesburg’s Historic Downtown.
- Home-Based Business Award Celebrates the owner of a business, operated from a residence located within Leesburg, who serves as an advocate within the business community for the interests of home-based businesses.
- New Business Award Celebrates a new business or organization started since 2010 that is respectful of Leesburg’s past and represents the best of the Town’s future.
- Public Art Award Celebrates a business or organization that contributes to the development of the Town’s public art program, or actively supports the arts within the Town of Leesburg.
- Veterans Affairs Award Celebrates an individual, business or organization that supports programs for veterans of all conflicts.
- The George C. Marshall Award Celebrates an individual who has demonstrated an exemplary commitment to the community above and beyond business contributions.
Eligible nominees for all categories must have the primary physical location of the company, organization or business entity within the corporate limits of the Town of Leesburg. Businesses must possess a valid Town of Leesburg business license, must be in compliance with all Town ordinances and must have been in operation for at least one year. Persons nominated for the George C. Marshall Corporate Citizen Award do not need to reside within the Town.
Town officials will present the awards during the 12th annual Business Awards Ceremony and Reception Wednesday, May 15, at ProJet Aviation at Leesburg Executive Airport. For more information, please contact Doug Parsons at 703-771-6530 or email@example.com.