Come to the Annual Independence Day Celebration on Saturday July 7 at Hillsboro’s Old Stone School!
Bring your friends and family to Hillsboro’s Old Stone School on Saturday, July 7 for the Hillsboro Community Association's annual Independence Day celebration! Festivities start at 6:00 p.m. A suggested donation of $5 per family will be accepted at the entrances to the grounds of the Old Stone School to help pay for the fireworks. This annual event is sponsored by the Hillsboro Community Association, the non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining and renovating Hillsboro’s Old Stone School.
We'll have misting stations to help keep you cool while you enjoy these festivities at this year’s celebration:
- Live music from the Hewn from the Mountain
- Performance by the Blue Ridge Thunder Cloggers followed by a chance for you to dance with them
- Free ice cream, donated by Dot Shetterly and the Hill Tom Market
- Hot dogs meals prepared and sold by the local Ruritans
- Sweets, treats, and cold drinks at the Hillsboro Community Association’s bake sale
- Carnival games with a chance to win prizes
- Moon bounce
- Display of antique and historic weapons in the air conditioned Old Stone School
- Face painting and glitter tattoos by Fancy the Clown and Friends
- Balloon twisting by Fun Balloon Twisting
- Sack races and 3-legged races
- Chalk art drawing
- Chance to contribute to the Valiant Warrior Quilting Project in the process of making a handmade quilt for service men and women wounded while serving our country
- Chance to win great prizes donated by local businesses and organizations including the Breaux Vineyards, Grandale Farm Restaurant, the Newton Marasco Foundation, Run Rabbit Run Theatre, and Stoneybrook Farm Market
- Brilliant fireworks
There is a charge for some activities. Donations will be accepted at the entrances to the Old Stone School and encouraged throughout the evening to help raise money for the fireworks and for the historic building. Hillsboro’s Old Stone School is located at 37098 Charles Town Pike in Hillsboro, Virginia. Learn more at www.HillsboroVa.org and like us on Facebook.