With cold weather in the forecast and many families home for "staycations" this week, here are a few ideas for places to go and let the kids burn some energy and have fun:
- Sport Bounce of Ashburn has Spring Break Extended Open Bounce hours listed online. On school holidays, open bounce sessions are for all ages (18 month and up). Parental supervision, socks and waiver are always required. 44710 Cape Ct, Ashburn.
- Pump It Up offers a Spring Break Camp (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.); Also a variety of "open bounce" hours, which are listed on the website. There is an Easter breakfast and egg hunt event Saturday, March 30 from 9 -11 a.m. 73 Lawson Rd, SE, Leesburg.
- Jumping Jack Sports has a Spring Break Camp and open gym events, with the times listed on the website. Activities include the rockwall, inflatable bounce obstacle course, a variety of sports and the XRKade gaming area. 44710 Cape Ct, Ashburn.
- Bazooka Ball Sports has extended their hours during spring break to 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. Check out their aeroball game, arcade area and bazooka ball sessions. www.jumbojungle.net; 44710 Cape Ct, Ashburn.
- Rebounderz of Sterling, the indoor trampoline center, is open for spring break with extended hours. Check the website for more details. 22400 Davis Dr, Sterling.
- Panther Family Laser Tag is open all week starting at noon. 23520 Overland Dr, Sterling.
- Ashburn Spring Break Chess Camp, will be held from March 25-29, 8 a.m. -5 p.m. at the Ashburn Chess Center, Suite 120, 44927 George Washington Blvd., Ashburn, VA 20147.
Please call ahead. Some of these camps may be full by Monday morning. But also check if you missed early registration to see if you can still get in for the rest of the week.