Sixteen businesses and leaders have been named finalists for the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce's 2013 Community Leadership Awards.
The initiative honors those who "have demonstrated true leadership and commitment to support the needs of the Loudoun County community and its citizens," the chamber said Wednesday in a release.
The finalists are spread among four categories: large and small organizations," executive leader and young professionals.
The chamber recruited a panel of non profit and business leaders from across Loudoun to select the finalists and winners, who will be announced Jan. 31 at the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce’s 2013 Annual Meeting and Community Leadership Awards banquet.
Large Organization (100 employees or more):
- George Washington University’s Virginia Science and Technology Campus
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute/Janelia Farm Research Campus
- Middleburg Bank
- Miller & Smith
Finalists in the Small Organization (less than 100 employees) category are:
- 100 Women Strong
- Loudoun Insurance Group
- Scene 2B Seen.
Finalists for the 2013 Community leadership Awards in the Young Professionals category are:
- Lyndsey Welsh Chamblin
- Jackie Paige of Modern Mechanical
- Jamie Pearson of Middleburg Bank
- Victoria Rawlings of the ARGroup
In the final category, finalists for the Executive Leader Award are:
- Brian Chavis of the ARGroup
- Jared Melvin of Loudoun Insurance Group
- Carol Barbe of Backflow Technologies
- Mark Lenko of Semper Technologies
“Loudoun County is truly privileged to have so many outstanding leaders and organizations that are willing to invest their time, talents and treasure to serve their community,” Chamber President and CEO Tony Howard said in a statement.