While residents who receive curbside trash service can simply contact homeowners associations, town offices or recycling service provides about recycling Christmas trees, other residents may need to take advantage five sites around the county where residents can recycle trees through Jan. 17.
If you're looking to take down the decorations over the next few days, here's where you'll need to go:
- Leesburg: Loudoun County Landfill Recycling Center, 21101 Evergreen Mills Road, Leesburg, VA 20175, Open Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Lovettsville: Game Protective Association, 16 South Berlin Pike, Lovettsville, VA 20180, Open daily
- Purcellville: Franklin Park, 17501 Franklin Park Drive, Purcellville, VA 20132, Open daily 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- South Riding: Town Hall (rear parking lot next to tennis court), 43055 Center Street, South Riding, VA 20152, Open daily
- Sterling: Claude Moore Park (use Loudoun Park Lane entrance to ball fields), 21544 Old Vestal's Gap Road, Sterling, VA 20164, Open daily 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Remove all ornaments, lights, tinsel, wire and stand from trees before dropping them off or setting them out for recycling. Anyone using a bag to transport a tree should dispose of the bag before dropping it off or setting it out.
The Christmas Tree Recycling Program is for Loudoun residents only. Christmas tree vendors and other entities with multiple trees should contact the Loudoun County Solid Waste Management at 703-777-0187 for recycling options. Find more information about recycling also online at www.loudoun.gov/recycle.