Loudoun Therapeutic Riding Foundation
Loudoun Therapeutic Riding Foundation, founded in 1974, is housed at Morven Park. The park has 1,000 acres of beautiful green trees and rolling hills. Loudoun Therapeutic Riding Foundation (LTRF) serves persons with physical, psychological, or cognitive disabilities and has over 120 volunteers.
Lessons are available on an individual basis or with a group. LTRF has an informative website and friendly staff which are available to share information about the services available through the organization.
- Fax: 703-771-9653
- Handicap Accessible: The office is on the second floor in the main office building, but the rest of the park is handicapped accessible.
- Founding Date: 1974
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Membership info: Clients served by Loudoun Therapeutic Riding Foundation must have a disability. They also must be referred by a therapist or clinician.
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Insurance accepted: It is the responsibility of the client.
- Appointments: Appointment required
- Accreditations/certifications: NARHA Premier Accredited Center
- Affiliations: Therapeutic Riding Association of Virginia; Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce; United Way member
- Number of horses: 11
- Horse breeds: Thoroughbred, quarter horse, draft crosses, and connemara.
- Number of instructors/guides: 8
- Ride lengths: Each ride length is 1 hour long.
- Ride facilities: Ring, Trail
- Services: Group rides, Horse shows, Lessons
- Equestrian shop: No